× Members

Benefits for Carers

More
5 years 11 months ago #219037 by ianinpain
Benefits for Carers was created by ianinpain
Hello Moderator
I am aware that my renewal subscription for Benefits and Work is due on 23 October 2018 and I most certainly will be renewing it; tremendous value for money!
I have a female friend aged mid-50’s who cares for her aged father and at present is earning no income neither is she receiving any state benefits for the caring and admirable caring work that she daily undertakes.
Remembering that I am – and so is this carer - located in Northern Ireland which state benefits would this lady be eligible to apply for?
As always your highly valued advice will be greatly appreciated.
Please also advise me which box I need to tick before submitting my request that will result in a message being sent to my private e-mail address advising me that you have responded to my request.
Thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219075 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Benefits for Carers
ianinpain

The simplest thing they can do is to put their information into one of the online benefit calculators

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Does the father receive any benefits? If they have an Attendance Allowance award, DLA Medium or Higher Care award or a PIP Daily Living award, then your friend may be able to claim Carers Allowance, this would then enable additional claims of Income Support or Universal Credit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid