× Members

DLA Application for Grandson....Need help?

• legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #219172 by legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk
DLA Application for Grandson....Need help? was created by legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk
I've been a member now for about 2 years & with the help of the expert advice of the community I have a 15-0 win rate for Mandatory Reconsiderations & Lower Tier Tribunal appeals.
However, when it comes to myself I seem to be a little less lucky, sitting at 0-2.
My grandson's came to live with my wife and our family nearly 4 years ago after suffering abuse while with their mother. The eldest grandson, now 9, has a number of issues that we have sort help to give him a better quality of life.
He suffers from Enuresis, of a severe nature, weak ankles which he has to where insoles to help him walk correctly. His main problem is his 'fight or flight' issue which he has a constant throughout his daily life after what he had gone through.
He qualified for DLA after the first application based on the issues at the time, and on the review has been turned down. I spoke to the department in Blackpool on this matter and they agreed that a Mandatory Reconsideration should be sort. I did this.
They have still turned the reconsideration evidence as they don't deem him as in need of support based on the school ticking one box on a form, that he is in full awareness of his surroundings and road sense.
Ticking the box is a joke, he has no road sense and we need to take him everywhere by car due to the fear of him getting hurt or running off to strangers.
I am prepared to take this to the Lower Tier tribunal but need some help as to what I have missed as to arguing my grandsons case??
This message contains confidential information

I look forward to any insights or further questions on this matter.

Keep up the fight for those who need the help & the battle for justice.
Regards
Mark
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219176 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Application for Grandson....Need help?
Mark

I cannot allow your post with your email address included without your specific consent to us doing so.

By including your email you are opening your account spam and other malicious emails.

If you consent to your email being published then you do so on the understanding that this may happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #219337 by legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk
Replied by legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk on topic DLA Application for Grandson....Need help?
Hi Gordon

My email is not hidden in my preferences. I put it up for ease, put sorry if it breaches any code of conduct on the forums.
I would be open to advice on this as I seem to fall down when its for ourselves.
Thank you

More
5 years 11 months ago #219344 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Application for Grandson....Need help?
Denver

Have you spoken to the school about why they have ticked this box? Is this something that they have actually checked for themselves? Would they be willing to recant their statement?

Do you have any independent evidence of his problems that you mention? Would his GP write in support of his problems?

One of the most important criteria for DLA is a comparison of the child's ability to complete the DLA activities to see if they need much more help and support than another child of the same age. Is there a possibility that you have not covered this area in sufficient detail?

Have you looked at our DLA section?

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #219902 by legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk
Replied by legalmdcartwright@yahoo.co.uk on topic DLA Application for Grandson....Need help?
Hi Gordon

Sorry for only replying now.
I have spoken with the school when we attended a LAC meeting last Tuesday.
The teacher in question has apologised for making the error and has placed in writing to the same effect, albeit brief.
I spoke to DLA and they have said that if I send proof from the school that it was an error on the form they will look at it again as per the M.R. route, however, said to put my Appeal in as well which can be cancelled if the M.R. is upheld to reinstate the award.
I will keep you appraised on the situation feel free to email me at my email if you think further guidance would help.
Thank you for you insights, and once again I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.
Regards
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid