× Members

supporting evidence

More
5 years 11 months ago #219518 by jax5963
supporting evidence was created by jax5963
The man i care for has long term physical & mental disabilities. He had pip assessment & report by assessor was damning. She has virtually said that he and i have exaggerated his pain and she has based this on the fact that he does not take medication for his depression or anti spasmodic or neuropathic medication for his damaged spine problems. The award is standard living. lost carers and disability. He only sees a doc when really has to. suffers with agoraphobia. so its difficult but sees different docs all the time. how can i get supporting letter from doc that does not really know him well. so much so that after some recent tests coming back clear, this particular doc telss him to go home lose some weight and take up an IT exercise programme on the internet. This is what we're up against. Where can we turn for the medical evidence we need

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219522 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic supporting evidence
Jacqueline

Can you confirm whether an award was made and what it was? Your post suggests that a Standard Daily Living award was made, this would still allow the passported benefits such as CA to be claimed.

Based on your post, all I can suggest is that the person speaks to their GP about the help that they can provide, I realise they may not have an understanding of the claimants day to day problems but they are the only route to further support.

Has the person ever had treatment for their mental health or physical problems? If yes, when was this? If it was only a couple of years ago and you can show that their conditions are not likely to have improved since then, then any letters that they may have written to the GP may provide some level of support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219524 by jax5963
Replied by jax5963 on topic supporting evidence
Hi yes has been awarded standard living, i think £57.30 but told not disability. He is taking pain relief and has been for many years. also other drugs such as anti inflammatory in the past but not for some years. He has been on anti depressants in the past over many years also.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219526 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic supporting evidence
Jacqueline

Do you mean Mobility rather than "disability" as there is no such thing for PIP?

I'm afraid his past medication will not help, what pain relief is he taking, is it prescribed or over the counter medication?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219528 by jax5963
sorry i am a bit overwhelmed with it all. the paper for the decision has not been received yet. it was sent out yesterday but he is in such a state about the assessor report that i phoned them today and was told that he has been awarded daily living at £57.30 per week but not the other part. i thought this meant loss of carers allowance as well

More
5 years 11 months ago #219529 by jax5963
He takes over the counter medication but it is prescribed by gp also he takes Tramadol which is prescription

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid