× Members

PIP Mandatory Reconsiderations

More
5 years 11 months ago #219525 by Ellieg
PIP Mandatory Reconsiderations was created by Ellieg
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any advice on writing a letter to request a mandatory reconsideration. I received my decision and was awarded the enhanced rate for mobility but zero points for daily living. It was so weird as if they totally ignored all the detailed information about how my epilepsy affects me in the questionnaire and the face to face assessment. Some of the reasons in the letter were also completely untrue, so any advice would be very welcome. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219527 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsiderations
Ellie

There is a template Request in the MR & Appeal Submissions document in the PIP area

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJC, Ellieg

More
5 years 11 months ago #219537 by Ellieg
Replied by Ellieg on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsiderations
Hi Gordon, many thanks the templates are really helpful but I was wondering if I should have asked for a copy of the HP's report as I only have the report from the decision maker or perhaps it isn't necessary. Sorry I'm just a bit confused. E

More
5 years 11 months ago #219541 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory Reconsiderations

Ellieg wrote: Hi Gordon, many thanks the templates are really helpful but I was wondering if I should have asked for a copy of the HP's report as I only have the report from the decision maker or perhaps it isn't necessary. Sorry I'm just a bit confused. E

You can request a copy by contacting the DWP office that was dealing with your claim, it can take up to 10 days to arrive, waiting for the report would be God Cause for making a Late MR request if it does not arrive within the one month that you usually have for an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid