× Members

Pip Renewal

More
5 years 11 months ago #219538 by Kimbychick
Pip Renewal was created by Kimbychick
Hi,

I posted my dad's PIP renewal form yesterday. He got 2 years on it last year but as it has been a year it was time to renew it again.

I sent some supporting evidence and a GP support letter.

I just wanted to ask if you have any idea how long before he will hear back? Also can his award be changed before his year is up in October 2019?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #219543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Renewal
Kim

There are currently considerable delays in the whole PIP process so we would normally say 2-5 weeks to hear about a face to face assessment but at the moment you could easily wait another four weeks.

I would expect the Decision that will result from this reassessment to apply from the date that is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219563 by Kimbychick
Replied by Kimbychick on topic Pip Renewal
Thanks Gordon.

Do you know if there is any reason why they add an extra year onto the date you are actually reviewed? I always assumed it would end on the date of the award letter. It gives people a false sense of security.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219576 by Gordon
KIm

It's a DWP policy decision. They would have to reassess you before your award ends or you would potentially have a period without payment, our estimate if there were no delays in the system that they would need at least 13 weeks for this but as you can see this does not allow any slow down.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219584 by Spaddo69
Replied by Spaddo69 on topic Pip Renewal
My review form was sent in early August 2018, to date, I haven’t received any decision. I live in Scotland, could the delay be because of certain benefits being transferred to Scottish Government?

More
5 years 11 months ago #219591 by Gordon

Spaddo69 wrote: My review form was sent in early August 2018, to date, I haven’t received any decision. I live in Scotland, could the delay be because of certain benefits being transferred to Scottish Government?

I doubt it, we saw a delay build up over the summer period, likely due to holidays but there could be other factors such as review of MObility awards that could have pulled Decision making staff out of their normal positions.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid