× Members

Home visit shortly

More
5 years 11 months ago #219682 by copshaw
Home visit shortly was created by copshaw
Well just over 8 weeks since I sent off my wife's pip form for transfer from dla ,the date is in for her home visit ,she is awaiting surgery for cervical myelopathy amongst many other back and chronic pain problems ,any advice greatly acceptied about a home visit ,I have heard so many comments about ,what chair to sit on ,eye contact or no eye contact etc ,so as I say any advice welcomed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219709 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home visit shortly
Jaffa

You can chase the Assessment Provider for your postcode for an update

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: copshaw

More
5 years 11 months ago #219788 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Home visit shortly
jaffa
No one can tell you exactly what it will be like - because the assessors seem to vary in their manner. Here is my advice.
1. You should have someone present to take notes.
2. Your wife should do what she normally does on an average day. eg don't get dressed up because you have a visitor - if she is normally in a dressing gown - be in a dressing gown.
3. Your wife should not do any physical exercises - if she waiting for surgery that will clearly cause distress and pain. Don't try and please the assessor - they are there to assess capabilities not be your friend. (I refused - giving a reason and it did not count against me)
4. If you have a nice assessor they will allow whoever is with your wife to speak if she is weary. (I was in so much pain could hardly speak and my friend did the majority.)
5. Your wife should sit or lay wherever she is comfortable. - (I was lying down the entire time)

Good luck

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: copshaw

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.