× Members

Esa and carers

More
5 years 11 months ago #219687 by chuck
Esa and carers was created by chuck
Hi I am married and I claim Esa support group 176.05
Pip care low
Pip mob low
My wife wants to claim carers alowence can any one tell me how this will affect my claim
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219714 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa and carers
Chuck

The easiest thing is for you to put your information into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219723 by chuck
Replied by chuck on topic Esa and carers
Hi Gordon I have used the calculator but when I phoned about carers they told me different.
They said they would deduct the full carers amount from my Esa and I would lose any premiums I receive

More
5 years 11 months ago #219728 by Gordon
Chuck

I can't give you a definitive answer as it depends on your personal circumstances which you would have to explain in the forum for me to comment, you could be worse off or you could be better off.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219745 by chuck
Replied by chuck on topic Esa and carers
My circumstances are as above
Esa support group which is 176.05 of which includes 23.55 disability income guarantee and 37.65 as I am in support group.
Pip standerd rate care and low rate mob
No rent rebate as house is mortgaged and I pay 169.78 council tax.
Hope this helps

More
5 years 11 months ago #219759 by Gordon
Chuck

So, I would expect your wife to be paid the CA (£64.50/week), the same amount will be deducted from your ESA but you will also receive a Carers Premium (£36.00/week).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.