× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration or Supersession?

More
5 years 11 months ago #219881 by Grace
Hello, I wondered what the best thing to do would be. I have had a review of PIP due to the law changing regarding mobility and there has been no change.
Earlier this year, I was reassessed for ESA and provided new evidence, which doesn't seem to have been considered. I was put into the Support Group.
Regarding PIP, I get Standard Daily Living only, yet firmly believe that I should get Enhanced Mobility as well, possibly Enhanced Daily Living.
With 15 months until my 'end date', would it be better to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration following their recent review, or a supersession?
I am very limited in my activity and rarely go outside the door.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration or Supersession?
Grace

When was the Decision on your PIP claim made? If it was more than 13 months ago then you are outside of the absolute limit for challenging it.

If you aren't then any MR and appeal will only be able to consider your conditions and limitations as they were at the time of that Decision, any changes since then will be excluded, have a look at our MR and Appeal guide for a template letter you can use to request an MR.

If there has been a significant deterioration in your imitations since the Decision then you can report a Change of Circumstances by writing to the DWP office dealing with your claim, be aware that this will result in a full reassessment of your claim and the new Decision, whatever it is, will supersede your current award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.