× Members

update on pip

More
5 years 11 months ago #219883 by Shazier
update on pip was created by Shazier
Firslty i would like to thank Gorden for all the advise and help that i have received.
I have been a member for a few yrs now and will continue to subscribe. I couldn't of got through it all without all the valuable information and advise.
I have recently had my pip and esa renewals both with a good outcome.
My esa result was no further assessments and my pip i have for another 3 yrs, I have escaped the dreaded face to face on both.
My pip form this time was the tick box which i ticked no change on all expecting, to have a face to face.I am in shock still, i cant believe this is all over for another 3 yrs.
I was however shocked at how they made there decision. Their decision was based on evidence they already had and also my recent esa renewal. I didnt think they took esa into concideration but in my case this time they have. MY gp filled out a esa113 form which went in my favour giving me, a no further assessment needed
Although this is a good result for me, i am wondering if, i should put in a mandatory reconsideration form in. My health conditions are never going to get better and feel 3 yrs should of been longer.
My question is, am i best leaving the decision as it is and could putting a mandatory for the lenth of time be a big mistake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219907 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic update on pip
shazier

First of all, congratulations on both the awards, well done.

I'm afraid only you can decide whether to challenge the length of the award, we haven't seen many people do this, here on other forums, so I can't give you a realistic view of the likelihood of success, other than the DM is unlikely to extend the period so you will need to be prepared to go onto appeal.

You will need to provide medical evidence, general and specific to you, showing that your conditions are not likely to change for a period longer than the current three years, can you do this?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219969 by Shazier
Replied by Shazier on topic update on pip
Hi Gordon thank you for your reply.
I Have decided to just accept the 3 yrs.I should be grateful and satified that i got through with no face to face. I don't want to go to tribunal unnecessarily. Getting evidence to show my conditions are not going to improve and going to get worse over time i would have to get. Im going to be thankful for what i have. I have no more asssesments for esa, and was hoping that i would get longer period for pip to. Im going to leave well alone and hopefully i will get longer next time?
thanks Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.