× Members

from esa contributory based to income related esa

More
5 years 11 months ago #219889 by trevor3123
hi everyone I am currently on ESA contributory based support group. I also get high rate DLA mobility group. and low rate care rate of DLA. I get £221.50p every 2 weeks from ESA support group I have no other pensions or income. I was migrated into the ESA group in 2012 I have no savings and I am in receipt of the full council tax refund. last week I received an ESA 3 in the post dated by the DWP to 2012 I filled this in and sent it off in envelope provided my main question is will my benefit change if so basically will I get more to live on ? thanks in advance... Geo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219912 by Gordon
George

You may be eligible for the Enhanced Disability Premium, about £16 a week, if you are eligible for Income Related ESA. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219971 by trevor3123
Replied by trevor3123 on topic from esa contributory based to income related esa
thanks for reply Gordon according to link you sent me I do qualify for the £16 premium as I have no partner or savings just another question all going well for me can they keep me on ESA CB support group and give me the top up? or do I move over to IB ESA support group. many thanks in advance GEO.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219980 by Gordon
George

You always retain your entitlement to ESA(CB) unless the claim is broken, the ESA(IR) is paid as a top-up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: trevor3123

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid