× Members

PIP Paper Assessment

More
5 years 11 months ago #219997 by Moi1703
PIP Paper Assessment was created by Moi1703
my daughter has been on DLA for years but has recently turned 16 somwe have to do a PIP assessment, im her appointee. She has autism as well as numerous other mental health conditions and physical conditions, she self harms and is suicidal. My daughter is in total denial about any of her conditions and will not go to any appointments, if anyone tries to force her or her conditions are mentioned to her or 3ven sees it writteh down particularly the autism she has a melt down and self harms. We are so desperate CYPS came to the house to try and see her, when i told her theybwere coming she epent hours trying to get me to cancel appointment, she self harmed (didn't tell me I just found the evidence) she shut herself in her room I eventually managed tomget in but she was going crazy and slammed the door on me. There is no way my daughter can have an assessment it would be too dangerous and would self harm badly and worse if it was even mentioned and she wouldn't turn up anyway. My daughters wellbeing is my priority and if they PIP tried to force this I'd just not do it for my daughters safety. There always has to be someone in the house with her. im disabled and money is tight, my daughters DLA helps to pay for my daughter to do stuff. Is there a way you can get PIP without an assessment or even a paper based assessment with me and her professionals, does anyone have any advice. Looking after her is very stressful never mind trying to fill in pip forms which I can only do if I manage to get her to school so she doesnt see them. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220006 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Paper Assessment
M

You need her GP or someone else who provides her with support to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why she cannot attend an assessment and offering to provide any additional information that the AP needs in order to complete their report.

They are not going to offer a home assessment if there is any mention that she suffers from anger issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.