× Members

ESA reassessment

More
5 years 11 months ago #220031 by Naomi
ESA reassessment was created by Naomi
I’m asking on behalf of a friend, who’s just received forms for ESA renewal. The letter specifically states to only send medical info you already have and not to ask for anything new. But the existing info (such as previous supporting letters) is now 3 years old - so surely these will be discounted as too old? Would it be wise to obtain new supporting letters to send? (Or do they mean something else by “medical information”?)

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220040 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment
Naomi

Tell your friend to ignore the form if they want to send new evidence then that can but they need to be aware that the intention of the AR1 Review form is for it to be reviewed in conjunction with the previous PIP2 and the evidence attached to that, so they should be cautious of submitting anything new if it is at odds with what was sent previously, unless of course they are reporting a change.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naomi

More
5 years 11 months ago #220051 by Naomi
Replied by Naomi on topic ESA reassessment
Thank you. It’s ESA rather than PIP, but I assume the same applies.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220055 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment

Naomi wrote: Thank you. It’s ESA rather than PIP, but I assume the same applies.

I'm really sorry I didn't notice the title. Ignore my previous post.

Your friend needs to treat this as a new claim for ESA and complete the form in detail and supply evidence as they, even if it has been submitted before. Although there have not been any updates to the ESA Descriptors since 2013 there have been a number of updates to the DWP guidance, so you should have a look at our current ESA Claim guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naomi

More
5 years 11 months ago #220091 by Naomi
Replied by Naomi on topic ESA reassessment
Many thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid