× Members

IB JSA and Extended Sickness

More
5 years 11 months ago #220057 by Gazza66
IB JSA and Extended Sickness was created by Gazza66
Been on IB JSA for over a year now. Got 1 week left on my current fit note which will take me to my 13 weeks I’m allowed on extended sickness whilst on JSA.
Still not fit enough for work or even participate in looking for work.
I’m on high rate of PIP for care so receive all the premiums with my JSA as well as the SDP.
I’m in a full service area for UC so I know I will have to transfer onto UC when i submit a new fit note.
I know I’m going to lose over £100 per week on UC but will I will be entitled to the transition protection that natural migration gives you?
Also will I receive any extra UC for my disability due to not being able to work?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220058 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB JSA and Extended Sickness
Archie

You can stay on JSA but you will be required to fulfil a Job Search Commitment which your post suggests you cannot.

Your only other option if your postcode is in a Full Service area is to claim UC.

You don't qualify for the Transitional Protection promised for Natural Migrations, the Premiums you are currently receiving have no equivalent under UC, there are discussions to amend the UC legislation to allow these payments but it looks like this is still a couple of months away, the intention is to compensate claimants who have lost benefit because of the move but it's not clear how this will be done and to what extent.

When you claim UC you can declare yourself as Unfit for Work, you'll need to provide a new Fit Note for this. You will then be put forward for a Work Capability Assessment, basically ESA, your UC will only be increased if an award is made of Limited Capability for Work (WRAG) or Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (Support Group).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gazza66

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid