× Members

Waiting for PIP assessment.

More
5 years 10 months ago #220536 by Charlie
Waiting for PIP assessment. was created by Charlie
Hi,
I have sent in my PIP form a couple of weeks ago but since then i am having more trouble sleeping and anxiety levels very high. Experience bipolar/anxiety and feel it is triggering off a manic episode. My consultant, last week give me a prescription for sleeping tablets (for 6 weeks) and diazepam 5mg for a month until i see him again in 7 weeks but sooner if condition gets worse. Apparently my assessment could be between 6-8 weeks away and not sure if i will be in any fit state to be able to attend. I think my Psychiatrist would write a letter saying that I'm not fit for an assessment. Would i have a chance of getting a paper review? While completing the pip form I only homed in on the criteria of about 4, preparing a meal, dressing and undressing, washing and bathing, and mixing with people for daily living and 1 for mobility, not being able to plan and follow an unfamiliar journey. Would appreciate anyone's opinion. xo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janicejjanice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #220541 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting for PIP assessment.
Charlie

Don't wait to hear about an assessment, ask your Consultant now whether they will write a letter in support of your having a Paper Based Review. Whether one will be done will in part be determined by the information that you have supplied in and with your form, as the assessor will still need to be able to write a recommendation to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla, Charlie

More
5 years 10 months ago #220547 by Charlie
Replied by Charlie on topic Waiting for PIP assessment.
Cheers Gordon, will ask him for a letter and if granted will post it. Should I send a copy of my prescription with letter from psychiatrist?

More
5 years 10 months ago #220559 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting for PIP assessment.
Charlie

Yes, but include a letter explaining the relevance of the change in medication.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.