× Members

Evidence for PIP appeal tribunal.

More
5 years 10 months ago #221053 by Slick
Evidence for PIP appeal tribunal. was created by Slick
Hi,

I have been given a date for my appeal hearing of the 20/11/2018. In my invitation letter it states that my gp notes and records have been requested along with a medical report from my GP is they are willing to complete one.

I rang my surgery and spoke with my GP and he is happy to compile a report.

However, I'm concerned that the tribunal won't receive the evidence on time. It took me almost a week to get a call with my GP to discuss the matter and I only got speaking to him on Friday 09/11/2018. In addition the invitation letter asks that the tribunal receive the medical evidence at least 3 days before the hearing. As timescales are tight it worries me that the evidence won't be with the tribunal on time. I have experienced delays in obtaining evidence in the past - I don't want to be pushy with my GP as I'm grateful for him agreeing to compile the report in the first place. Should I contact the tribunal and make them aware of my concerns/ would it be an idea to request an alternative date for the hearing? I'm reluctant to attend the appeal hearing in the the absence of the medical evidence being provided - I feel my hands are tied to some extent. Any advise would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #221080 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Evidence for PIP appeal tribunal.
Slick

You can certainly ask for an adjournment but I would be very surprised if one is actually granted, the Judge will likely take the view that you have had plenty of time to source the information while you waited for a hearing. I would contact your GP and make them aware of the deadline for providing the information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid