× Members

PIP re-assessment

More
5 years 7 months ago #221560 by bassettsfarm
PIP re-assessment was created by bassettsfarm
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can offer some advice please. I have an appointment for a PIP re-assessment on Tuesday (20th). It is at a place I haven’t been to before, so I’m not sure about the distances I’ll have to walk to even get into the centre. I suspect it has a car park of its own, unlike the place I have been to before.

My quandary is that I use a walking stick, but I also have a wheelchair which I use if I am going to be walking any great distance. Do I use my wheelchair to go into the meeting, or should I struggle and use just the walking stick? Do I then mention I use a wheelchair to the assessor?

I’d appreciate any opinions or advice.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #221599 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP re-assessment
Amanda

If you would normally use the wheelchair when out then I would use that but understand that PIP does not consider the usage of a wheelchair it the distance that you can reliably walk on the majority of days that is being looked at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris