× Members

Blue badges

More
5 years 7 months ago #221892 by james
Blue badges was created by james
According to my local authority "wigan" within the blue badge application criteria, yes there is automatic availability for a blue badge if you score high enough with your pip assessment, BUT, there is one line that says something like "other evidence" ie doctors' letter. I have had to do without my blue badge benefits for the last 6 months because I went from high rate to zero for mobility. I will be contacting my GP on monday for a letter of evidence. Not having the blue badge has caused the greatest of problems for me and caused me to be housebound several occasions because I knew I wouldn't be able to park close to the venues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #221895 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue badges
James

You can be assessed by your Local Authority for a Blue Badge, the criteria is closer to DLA than PIP, you will need reasonably up to date evidence to support your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: james

More
5 years 7 months ago #221907 by james
Replied by james on topic Blue badges
I'll let you know as soon as I find out result

More
5 years 6 months ago #222283 by james
Went to my doctors, got a letter (paid £15), filled in the application form online, printed off my result sheet with reference number, went to local authority office with my driving licence and utility bill. The "interview" took as long as 5 minutes and the fella took my picture and £10 fee and told me that my badge will be in the post next week! Hope my tribunal goes through as easy. Point is that just because you don't automatically qualify for a blue badge under PIP doesn't mean you can't get one. Nobody told me this when they took my car away this year, I thought I'd also lost my blue badge criteria as well.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222740 by james
Happy to be able to tell you all that my brand new blue badge arrived in the post yesterday. I'm considering photocopying it and sending the copy to Atos so they can stick it in their pipe and smoke it! Incidentally, we try to do all our Christmas shopping online, but a couple of things could only be got from "pick up points" the extra walking about - if you can call it that, has made my really ill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.