× Members

Esa review due in Feb '19

More
5 years 10 months ago #222096 by georgie63
Esa review due in Feb '19 was created by georgie63
I am on ESA and am in the Support Group and my benefit is up for review after five years, next February 2019.

Do I have to contact them about claiming Universal Credit or do I wait for them to contact me ?

Benefits confuse me at the best of times and now with this Universal Credit roll out its worrying me whether I should have to contact them first or sit and wait for them to send me something first.

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #222102 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa review due in Feb '19
D

Nobody is being moved to UC before the end of next year, although how this will be done is not entirely clear at the moment, the DWP will contact you when it is time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 10 months ago #222122 by pusscatsmum
Replied by pusscatsmum on topic Esa review due in Feb '19
wow, how did you get it set for 5 yrs for ESA, as I thought the max legal time was for 3 yrs, the extras were deferments.

More
5 years 10 months ago #222133 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa review due in Feb '19

pusscatsmum wrote: wow, how did you get it set for 5 yrs for ESA, as I thought the max legal time was for 3 yrs, the extras were deferments.

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment, periods between reassessment are set by DWP policy, there is no "legal time" period. I am not aware of any changes to the policy of a maximum of two years for the WRAG and three years for the SG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #222156 by pusscatsmum
Replied by pusscatsmum on topic Esa review due in Feb '19
sorry should not have put legal, just I thought max for ESA was 3 yrs.
( I know for some this will be hopefully extended)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.