× Members

Arrears or advance?

More
5 years 7 months ago #222099 by Lou101
Arrears or advance? was created by Lou101
Is PIP paid in arrears or advance? And DLA?

The reason I ask is because i have transferred from DLA to PIP, PIP starts from today and I will be (according to my award letter) paid on 20th December, which will be a three week payment.

I received a part part payment of DLA yesterday., It was paid a week before my usual due date and seems to be just under three weeks' payment - not quite sure how this is calculated. I can only assume that DLA is paid part in arrears and part in advance?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #222103 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Arrears or advance?
Lou

PIP is paid 4 weekly in arrears, most DLA claims were also paid like this but some are 3 weeks in arrears and one week in advance.

You need to wait until you have had' one full period of DLA, your last payment of DLA, your first payment of PIP and your first full payment of PIP, then you should be able to calculate whether you have had the right amount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lou101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.