× Members

DLA to PIP - starting the process

More
5 years 9 months ago #222173 by bonesticks
DLA to PIP - starting the process was created by bonesticks
This may appear elsewhere on the site but I have not come across it so I thought I would send you a few notes on the first part of the process:

Notes for people having to go from DLA to PIP:

when you receive your letter “inviting you to apply for PIP you are given a deadline date for the initial application (PIP1) – if you don't complete part 1 within the deadline your DLA can be temporarily stopped and they do not offer a time extension for this part of the process

the initial process of completing PIP1 (paper form PIP1007) is done over the phone with an adviser who goes through a long script, ask questions and takes down your answers

I had trouble with this as it is easier for me to go through this sort of procedure at my own pace, with the questions in writing

the sample form available on line is in a different order to the script used by the advisers and differs in places – so it is helpful for preparation but can get confusing if you have in front of you while on the phone

you can request a paper form PIP 1007 as outlined in another post BUT it will take at least 1 week to arrive and they do not grant extensions of time for this part of the process - so you need to request a paper form as as possible
OR
you can complete the process in stages with breaks – you need to ask the adviser to stop and save your records so that you can come back and complete it later or on another day

I found that this issue was not made clear in the members only guidance or by the adviser I first spoke to when I tried the first time

Also you are not obliged to provide details of healthcare professionals who support you – you can decline – this information is requested again in Part 2 anyway

Moderator: I fully understand if you feel this is not appropriate or need to edit some of the content for legal accuracy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.