× Members

New Regs starting Jan 19th 2019

More
5 years 6 months ago #222376 by Jim
New Regs starting Jan 19th 2019 was created by Jim
Hi. I have learnt that new regs are coming into force on 19th January next year regarding those on ESA in receipt of SDP and the enhanced disability premium and moving onto UC. My understanding is from that date those on legacy benefits won’t be moved onto UC and be allowed to claim HB until transitional protection is in place to move onto UC. Is this indeed correct as I am currently claiming g ESA in a live UC area and have paid rent up to the end of January so is it worth me waiting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New Regs starting Jan 19th 2019
Jim

The new Regulations should enable Transitional Protection for what is called Natural Migrations to UC, however, there is still a lot of concern over the proposed changes and they could be delayed by further changes being necessary.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.