× Members

Hospital stay, and PIP

More
5 years 9 months ago #222418 by samperuso1
Hospital stay, and PIP was created by samperuso1
Hi
My son was awarded PIP in June, while he was sectioned under the mental health act. Obviously they don't pay it, while in hospital. He is now getting home passes for the weekend, and that might be going up to 3 days after Christmas. Can i ask for his PIP award to start being paid into his bank account ?..Getting a lot of mixed info on the subject from people...So why not ask the guys in the know. Any help is as always much appretiated.

Regards
Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #222425 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hospital stay, and PIP
Sam

The rule is 28 days or any combination of periods totalling 28 days and not separated by more than 28 days. The day that he is admitted and the one when he leaves are not counted.

So based on your post, he would still not be entitled to payment of his PIP as the weekends and Christmas period are not sufficient to break the 28 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 9 months ago #222444 by samperuso1
Replied by samperuso1 on topic Hospital stay, and PIP
Thanks for the reply Gordon.

So if i have understood your reply correctly, if i start toting the days he is out, 2-3 days a week or fortnight, once it reaches 28 days, i can contact PIP, and inform them ?. but as long as their has not been a break of more than 28 days between his home stays.

Thankyou
Sam

More
5 years 9 months ago #222457 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hospital stay, and PIP
Sam

No, it's a difficult rule to explain and I am afraid you have misunderstood.

It's a rolling period, so the weekdays when he is in hospital are linked as they are not separated by a period of more than 28 days, so he will still be classed as having been in hospital for more than 28 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #222481 by samperuso1
Replied by samperuso1 on topic Hospital stay, and PIP
The way his illness is effecting him, and he has an order for cumpulsry treatment, till April, i don't think he will really qualify for payment for some time Gordon. Could be doing with it as well. Thanks for the replys Gordon, much appretiated..

Regards
Sam

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid