× Members

Savings

More
5 years 6 months ago #222439 by Minimam
Savings was created by Minimam
I know I have previously posted but recently my husband got the unexpected ESA letter saying he might be owed premium payments, after looking into it I have found out you are only allowed £6,000 allowed for savings , but since march this year his and mine savings have gone over this amount and I have found out it is £1.00 for every £250 over the £6,000 is this from week to week ? it usually exceeds this especially when his pip money goes in , he saves his money to renew his car every 4 to 5 year as he is dependent on it , should I inform them about it as my husband and I had no idea this was the case he says he will willingly pay any money owed but was wanting some genuine advice on what to do . Since telling him he is worried sick about it and is getting really agitated about the whole matter, his ESA was the contribution based one and he was put in a support group due to his physical and psychological condition .
Thank you once again
Carol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222452 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Savings
Carol

The ESA3 he has just received asks about your household savings and assets so he should include this information on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.