× Members

Disability IG

More
5 years 9 months ago #222454 by Dole
Disability IG was created by Dole
Hello Gordon,

Re: this thread

I am in receipt of DIG. Does this mean I won't get an ESA3?

The backpayments issue prompted me to look at my DWP records. I have found that the now defunct IB Age Addition (was under 35 when first claimed) was successively reduced from it's peak in 2008 (£17.75) to my "migration" to ESA in 2012 (£11.70). Would this have been legitimate to your recollections or have I been diddled by DWP? Even if I have been, would I have recourse now to complain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #222469 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability IG
Elod

Do you mean the Disability Income Guarantee?

If you do then this means that you are already receiving Income Related ESA and if you were receiving this from when you were transferred then I would not expect you to receive an ESA3.

I'm afraid I have never dealt with Incapacity Benefit but I would be very surprised if the reduction was not legitimate as it would have been challenged at the time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dole

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.