× Members

PIP Review Form - little time to complete

More
5 years 6 months ago #222748 by Rossi1999
Sorry for the additional post re this. I have just received the new form today. I have to get this back by 30th December. In order to get this there on time, I will effectively have one week to complete this, due to the Xmas post, Bank Holidays and the the 30th is a Sunday, so it has to be there at the latest on 28th. Is it best to put a note in saying I had to rush it or ask for an extension?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222773 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review Form - little time to complete
Rossi

It's better to have an extension and not need it than find that you haven't asked and that you do need it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #222775 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic PIP Review Form - little time to complete
Given the holidays and when your form has to be back you could even try asking for longer than 2 weeks which is the time that is usually given without a referral needing to be made to a Case Manager when asking for an extension.

Recently I asked for and got a two week extension. Then when it was the day I was going to post the form I wasn't very well do phoned up to see if I could have a bit longer in case I couldn't get to post it. The guy I spoke to gave me another week. I said that I thought another extension would require a referral to a Case Manager but the guy said that the CMs were so snowed under with work that the telephony staff had been told they could authorise a further period if the reason was acceptable.

Two weeks would probably be enough for you anyway as that would take the date for return to 13 January though you'd ideally have to post off the form about a week before which still won't give you a great deal of time if you need to, say, contact the Citizens Advice or another organisation if you needed help to fill in a form. The CAB in my town have no more appointments available this year as they close a week on Friday for almost a fortnight.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.