× Members

which part of DWP Mobility AR1 found illegal?

More
5 years 6 months ago #223307 by fastmoggy
Hi Gordon,
Was reading another thread where you mentioned that part of the mobility section was deemed illegal.
can you tell me which bit that is and has this been 'tried' in a court of law?
As a certain supermarket used to say, every little helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #223309 by Gordon
fastmoggy

So as I have already replied, I cannot see how this would affect you as this was all sorted out last summer, long before the Decision on your claim was made.

In March 2017 the DWP amended Descriptors (b), (d) and (f) of the Going Out activity so that claimants could not score due to overwhelming psychological distress.

At the beginning of this year, a three Judge panel deemed the change to be discriminatory against claimants and declared the amendment to be illegal reverting the changes to their original wording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastmoggy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.