× Members

PIP telephone application

More
5 years 9 months ago #223317 by Robdidcott
PIP telephone application was created by Robdidcott
Hello all
I want to apply for PIP but I am aware to apply you have to do this by phone.One of my medical conditions is deafness and I really struggle to hear telephone conversations . I have 2 hearing aids and can only use telephone on speaker mode and then I mishear things especially if it is a female voice.Is there any way of applying without using a telephone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #223327 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP telephone application
Robert

Can someone ring on your behalf, you will need to be present to authorise the DWP to speak to the person but it is the quickest to make a claim.

If you can't arrange this then you can write to the DWP for a paper copy of the PIP1 which is the form completed on the phone, your claim does not start until the pIP1 is received back by the DWP.

Personal Independence Payment New Claims
Post Handling Site B
Wolverhampton
WV99 1AH

Our PIP Claim guide has a list of the questions you/your representative should be asked on the phone call.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.