× Members

PIP questions.

More
5 years 8 months ago #224219 by CLINTIAN
PIP questions. was created by CLINTIAN
Hello Gordon
My husband has O.C.D. anxiety and depression.
Questions;-
1. should I be straight forward on all the form descriptors to say that due to my husband’s OCD he cannot in a timely manner complete this task, or leave that out and let them decide on the evidence I provide ? I don’t want to come across as been too forward and pushing the answer on them.
2. As the form usually does not have enough space I am typing things up on microsoft word, I am averaging something like five pages per daily task I have tried to scale things down a bit but don’t want to lose vital information, is five pages too much?
3. This might sound daft but what theme font and size would you recommend for my typing [easy on the eye etc.] , I am using Calibri (Body) size 16. Also Is bold letters ok
4. Not sure but do you have to use all capitals when using Microsoft word for the DWP or just normal?
Thanks again and all the best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #224236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP questions.
Bodge

1. You need to do more than just say that he cannot complete the tasks in a timely manner, you need to explain exactly how he is affected when attempting these activities, don't leave it to those assessing him to work out how he might be affected, they lack imagination and will almost certainly opt for the minimum of impact if you allow them to.

2. There is no right amount of information to provide, that said, five pages does sound a bit long but if you are satisfied that everything is necessary then I would not worry overly about it.

3. I would use a 12 point font, that will help with the number of pages, use bold only for emphasis.

4. Use mixed case, I can state from personal experience, reading any amount of text in capitals is really difficult. They ask for capitals when it is written by hand so that it scans easily, this should not be a problem for a typed response.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN

More
5 years 8 months ago #224311 by CLINTIAN
Replied by CLINTIAN on topic PIP questions.
Hello Gordon
Questions;-
1. When you say use bold only for emphasis, would that imply highlighting my important words and phrases throughout the evidence to catch the assessor’s eye? Such as- and so he cannot in a timely way do this or- he would require prompting from myself to do this Etc. .

More
5 years 8 months ago #224324 by Gordon
BODGE

Yes, but don't use it excessively as those reading the pages will start to ignore it if you do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #224395 by CLINTIAN
Replied by CLINTIAN on topic PIP questions.

Gordon wrote: Bodge

1. You need to do more than just say that he cannot complete the tasks in a timely manner, you need to explain exactly how he is affected when attempting these activities, don't leave it to those assessing him to work out how he might be affected, they lack imagination and will almost certainly opt for the minimum of impact if you allow them to.

2. There is no right amount of information to provide, that said, five pages does sound a bit long but if you are satisfied that everything is necessary then I would not worry overly about it.

3. I would use a 12 point font, that will help with the number of pages, use bold only for emphasis.

4. Use mixed case, I can state from personal experience, reading any amount of text in capitals is really difficult. They ask for capitals when it is written by hand so that it scans easily, this should not be a problem for a typed response.

Gordon

Questions;-
“You need to do more than just say that he cannot complete the tasks in a timely manner, you need to explain exactly how he is affected when attempting these activities”,
1. When you say, “You need to explain exactly how he is affected when attempting these activities”,
Does this mean to explain that due to his OCD rituals let’s say getting dressed is extremely time consuming and then list the OCD ritual or a number of rituals [would a couple of examples do or should I list every one which is immense] that prevent him from doing this in a timely manner ?
2. I am trying to cut down the number pages of information but don’t want to skip too much information, Im not sure if I am giving too many examples of his OCD, I could probably have thought about a template of some sorts to organise the evidence better.

More
5 years 8 months ago #224400 by Gordon
Bodge

1. I would explain the rituals that they have to do on the majority of days, explain what the ritual(s) is, how long it takes, what would trigger them having to start again if this is the case, what needs to be done before they are considered to be successfully done.

2. I would stick to the one example above, but if there are other rituals then note them without going into detail but you need to give an example for each activity that they have problems for, even if the rituals are the same as one of the other activities.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.