× Members

Soft Assessment !

More
5 years 8 months ago #225025 by johnlyn
Soft Assessment ! was created by johnlyn
Perhaps I saw this in a dream. It was something about re-assessments for PIP and the term soft re-assessment was used (I might have mixed up with Brexit) It suggested that some people would be assessed only every 10 years. I was wondering if there's been further information as to what group of claimants would be included in these 10 year re-assessments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #225035 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic Soft Assessment !
This is nothing to do with Brexit but in my experience more claimants are being awarded 10 years award, either on their first claim or on PIP renewal

More
5 years 8 months ago #225037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Soft Assessment !
OM

The DWP has said that they will perform a "Light Touch" assessment of claimants with an On-Going award. What this will consist of we don't know as the first claimants with this award will not reach the 10 years until 2023.

They are also looking at claimants who do not currently have an On-going award who perhaps should have received one but we have no idea at this time, as to which claims they will be looking at, although it would seem sensible to at least start with claimants who have a ten-year award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #225038 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic Soft Assessment !
this is what I think you were referring to as Gordon mentioned www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3857-dwp-...-light-touch-reviews

More
5 years 7 months ago #225061 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Soft Assessment !
Does anyone actually know someone who has had/ been moved to the light touch plan? Or is it just government saying things.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225083 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Soft Assessment !

Ellen wrote: Does anyone actually know someone who has had/ been moved to the light touch plan? Or is it just government saying things.

The only claimants we know for certain are those with an On-Going award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ellen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.