× Members

PIP Review Postponed For a Year!

More
5 years 7 months ago #225065 by Jul
Hi Everyone. Haven’t logged in for some time but thought I’d share some good news for a change and also see if anyone else has had the same experience.

In August 2016 I was awarded PIP (enhanced daily living/standard mobility) for three years. The home assessment was done by an ATOS nurse. Have just received a letter from the DWP saying ‘Changes in PIP law - We’ve looked again at your PIP award and it’s not changed’. It goes on to say the changes are to do with how they assess someone’s ability to plan and follow a journey, and whether someone can carry out an activity safely or not and whether they need supervision. It says my claim’s been looked at and found correct and has been awarded for a further year.

I take it this is to do with the legal case where the DWP were found wanting and so the case load is heavy so they’re doing ‘postponements’ to off load some of the work? Would rather have my old on-going DLA back but am still VERY grateful for an extra year before the horror starts up again.

Good luck to everyone, keep battling and never give up! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225087 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review Postponed For a Year!
Jul

I think you are the first person we have heard from who has had a positive result from the review of 1.6m PIP awards due to the illegal changes made to the Mobility Descriptors, very pleased for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

More
5 years 7 months ago #225163 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic PIP Review Postponed For a Year!
Hi Gordon,

Sorry to hear am the only one so far. Hope there are thousands more on the way :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.