× Members

The Sword Of Damocles

More
5 years 7 months ago #225072 by Rob1
The Sword Of Damocles was created by Rob1
Hi,
Had an assessment for ESA on 9th Jan 2018 and according to DWP due for reassessment in 12 months my date for reassesssment has now passed and I am wondering if it is worth contacting DWP. Haven't got an issue with a reassessment sa my Mental Health Issues have not changed and I am still looking for suitable Anti-Depressant Meds etc due to my longstanding OCD/Depression with the help of my GP/Consultant Psychiatrist. Plenty of evidence as my Psychiatrist sends letters of each consultation to my GP along with a copy to myself after each one so I have plenty to add to what I previously had. Cutting to the chase,should I contact the DWP with regard to my reassessment date as it feels as if I have the sword of damocles over my head or if the "beast is asleep" don't start prodding it with a stick and just wait for them to contact me. (Sorry for the longwinded post).
Rob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The Sword Of Damocles
Rob

ESA awards are in effect indefinite so your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made.

You can contact the DWP for an update, or as an alternative, Maximus to see whether they have received a request to start the assessment process.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob1

More
5 years 7 months ago #225301 by Rob1
Replied by Rob1 on topic The Sword Of Damocles
Hi Gordon,
After plucking up the courage and speaking to my Mental Health Worker and waiting nearly an hour on the phone(I'm told this is normal) I contacted the DWP. My award was for 12 months from 9th Jan 18 as prevoiusly mentioned, but she had another date on the system of 7th Jan 2021. She contacted someone else on the phone and came back and said the 2021 date was an input error! She basically said I should expect an ESA50 form for reassessment soon and from that they will decide if I need to be called in again.. I was also told by my Mental Health worker to ask for an ESA85 with regard to my last assessment as I should have done this ages ago. Whether or not I did myself any favours by ringing them who knows, but at least I now know where I stand.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.