× Members

PIP refusing home visit

More
5 years 7 months ago #225118 by dynamite
PIP refusing home visit was created by dynamite
Hi Gordon

I have called up IAS formerly ATOS to request a home visit, but they are refusing to do so on the basis that I attend my hospital appointments every 6 months. Is there anything I can do or say to get a home visit or do I have to attend it? I have rescheduled for a few weeks from now.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225123 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic PIP refusing home visit
Hi D

this is the guidelines regarding home visits p33 assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...sessment-process.pdf
has your GP written a letter supporting your request for a Home visit

is this 6 monthly appt the only time you can attend an appt- what is it, how do you attend. hospital transport etc, can the professional you see provide supporting evidence

Do you have telephone consultations and /or visits from your GP
Do you have home visits from dentist, other community services etc
How far away is the assessment centre, would it help if it was closer, if a taxi was provided could you attend

if the above is no, it wouldn't make a difference if the centre was more accessible or if you were provided a taxi, then a letter from your GP or another professional stating that attending would cause harm or a deterioration to your health- letter to mention telephone consultations, cancelled appts[if appropriate ] because of illness

If your GP has provided a letter, how much information was provided, would they do another one

Don't give up, get your evidence together, use the guidelines and speak to ATOS again, ask to talk to a manager but persist.

However if the answer is continually no, then you must attend the assessment otherwise you could risk losing your claim
The following user(s) said Thank You: dynamite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.