× Members

PIP refusing home visit

More
5 years 7 months ago #225118 by dynamite
PIP refusing home visit was created by dynamite
Hi Gordon

I have called up IAS formerly ATOS to request a home visit, but they are refusing to do so on the basis that I attend my hospital appointments every 6 months. Is there anything I can do or say to get a home visit or do I have to attend it? I have rescheduled for a few weeks from now.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225123 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic PIP refusing home visit
Hi D

this is the guidelines regarding home visits p33 assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...sessment-process.pdf
has your GP written a letter supporting your request for a Home visit

is this 6 monthly appt the only time you can attend an appt- what is it, how do you attend. hospital transport etc, can the professional you see provide supporting evidence

Do you have telephone consultations and /or visits from your GP
Do you have home visits from dentist, other community services etc
How far away is the assessment centre, would it help if it was closer, if a taxi was provided could you attend

if the above is no, it wouldn't make a difference if the centre was more accessible or if you were provided a taxi, then a letter from your GP or another professional stating that attending would cause harm or a deterioration to your health- letter to mention telephone consultations, cancelled appts[if appropriate ] because of illness

If your GP has provided a letter, how much information was provided, would they do another one

Don't give up, get your evidence together, use the guidelines and speak to ATOS again, ask to talk to a manager but persist.

However if the answer is continually no, then you must attend the assessment otherwise you could risk losing your claim
The following user(s) said Thank You: dynamite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid