× Members

Relatives living in as support

More
5 years 8 months ago #225260 by Jan
Relatives living in as support was created by Jan
Morning everyone,
I am in the transition of DLA to PIP, not currently not receiving either as DLA was stopped. For a short while when I had DLA I had a relative was living in as support and was not charged any rent on local authority property because I had DLA.
The family moved away for work before my DLA stopped. Another family member has said they will go part time with their work and move in so I continue to get the support. I understand some of what they earn will be taken into account and I will be expected to pay whatever the set figure is.
My question is when I am backdated payment of PIP (IF I am awarded the right level of PIP) will I be able to claim back any rent I paid because a family member moved in covering some of that time?
My head is such a mess with everything going on I hope I’ve worded this correctly..
TIA .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #225278 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Relatives living in as support
Janny

We answered this question for you earlier in the week

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=126116

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid