× Members

Esa 50 form when in support group

More
5 years 7 months ago #225266 by sas401
Esa 50 form when in support group was created by sas401
My husband has been on esa since 2009 and was put in support group approx 2 yrs later. He turns 65 in a few days time but wont get his pension until beginning of may. I rang a few weeks back to check his esa will continue to be told yes of course until he gets his pension. Today we recieve an esa 50 form?! Do they seriously want us to fill in the form when it is due to finish end of march, plus i thought being in support group he wouldnt need to?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225286 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa 50 form when in support group
Sarah

Being in the Support Group does not exempt a claimant from reassessment but being that close to reaching State Retirement Age should.

I would contact the DWP office dealing with his claim and ask for it to be withdrawn, there is virtually no chance of a new Decision being reached before he retires. You may need to escalate this to a manager as the call centre staff will not have the authority to do this, ask for confirmation in writing.

If the form is not withdrawn then all I can suggest you do is to complete it but perhaps not in the level of detail that you would normally, failing to return the form will result in his ESA claim being closed early.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #225304 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic Esa 50 form when in support group
Hello there. I found myself in exactly the same situation as your husband last year. I just filled in the stupid form in in a basic manner, didn’t get new letter from doctor or anything. Jus told them you have letters from the last time you assessed me, and as nothing has changed refer to the letters. Never heard from them. And retired three months later. Hope that helps.

Regards PP:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid