× Members

PIP Home visit assessment

More
5 years 7 months ago #225268 by colin
PIP Home visit assessment was created by colin
Horrific experience for my partner who has M.E/CFS
Apart from telling me our review form was filled out in a too detailed manner which was the reason a home assessment was arranged

What happened t6o my partner duringt that assessment can in my opinion only be lassed as mental abuse.
My partner was belittled for not beig able to manage to do everday things.
They were asked to do some basic maths and give local directions which my partner was unabble to do due to confusion no memory and not being able to retain information.
The assessor cotinually pressured my partner to answer raising thier voice higher and higher, then walking more and more towards my partner , The assessor then totally invaded my partners personal space to the point that their noses were almost touching whilst continuing to pressure and to question with a very raised voice at my partner.
My partner ended up haviing an extreme anxiety fuelled panic attack and in tears.
The assessment had to be abandoned with the uncetainty that any award would be made as all the relevent questions were not asked.
Award was finally given at higer rate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home visit assessment
Colin

Congratulations on the award.

You can make a complaint about the assessor.

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

ATOS (IAS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.