× Members

New PIP claim v's Mandatory Reconsideration.

More
5 years 8 months ago #225780 by Carolasks
Hi,
I was on the lowest rate caring allowance DLA for 15 years for Psoriatic Arthritis. In Dec 2018 had review for transfer from DLA to PIP. Just discovered this morning I have been disallowed PIP. Awaiting letter re info of points etc.
I have been reading the MR booklet today and many of your forum posts.
Could you please outline the the pluses/minuses of going down the MR route as oppossed to putting in a new PIP claim please?
I take it from reading some forum posts you can reapply for PIP straight away (ie, no time limit)
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #225800 by Gordon
NurseJ

What award di you hope for, DLA LRC does not have an equivalent award under PIP so you will have had to show a significant deterioration from when your DLA award started?

MR vs new claim. You are going to have to deal with the same issue, why did this claim fail and how to deal with the issues raised. MR revision rates are low so you really need to consider whether you would be willing to go onto appeal, wait time times are nine months or more.

As you were transferring from DLA the PIP Decision applies from the day it was made and you will have a four week run-on of your DLA, so you will not lose any significant money by making a new claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #225801 by Carolasks
Replied by Carolasks on topic New PIP claim v's Mandatory Reconsideration.
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for your prompt reply and info.
I was hoping at the very least for standard rate in daily living and possibly standard rate mobility.
My condition has gotten progressively worse since 2004 and will continue to do so. I was IHRd - Tier 2 from the health service in 2015.
Thanks

More
5 years 8 months ago #225810 by Gordon
NurseJ

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report? If not contact the DWP office that dealt with your claim, it will help you understand how the Decision was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carolasks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid