× Members

final lump sum payment from pension

More
5 years 8 months ago #225794 by benreg
final lump sum payment from pension was created by benreg
I am on contribution based ESA, and in the support group....
I received a final lump sum payment of a pension I had years ago of £12,234..
I have received a letter from the Department for Works & Pensions stating they need to see full statements from the date the payment was put into my account, Also if I have made large withdrawals over £500 transfers or purchases since the payment was received, please provide receipts and explanations...

Will my ESA be affected by the final lump sum I received ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #225808 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic final lump sum payment from pension
benreg

If you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA then the pension should not have any affect on your ESA and should be treated as a one-off capital payment. In fact, you should ask the DWP why they need the information that they have asked for as it would only be relevant to an Income Related ESA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: benreg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.