× Members

PIP Tribunal Success - no questions asked

More
5 years 1 month ago #226704 by Whinnie12345
PIP Tribunal Success - no questions asked was created by Whinnie12345
Had my tribunal yesterday for PIP and was awarded enhanced rate for daily living! Just want to thank benefitsandwork.co.uk - your guides are the reason this happened especially the fighting the medical evidence report. Thank You.

My appointment was at 2 but didnt end up getting called in till 2:30. Went in all ready for a fight when the judge said we are awarding you enhanced purely on the basis of your medical evidence - we don’t need to ask you any questions. To say i was shocked was an understatement. I thought i would share with you all what i did so hopefully this happens to you.

When I received the tribunal pack i went through line by line and wrote about every single point i disagreed with in a lot of detail and also included medical evidence to every point. I also did this with the descriptors I disagreed with. So for example - the HP has said i was able to prepare food, however i am unable to it because of this ... and here is the evidence from my medical records to prove it. For a couple of points i didn’t have the evidence in my own medical records but i went online and found information booklets about my ME/Fibro/NMH that stated that it is a symptom of that condition and included it.

It sounds a lot of hard work so even if you only do it for the descriptors do it. I sent the evidence in before the tribunal which gave the panel the opportunity to read through the pages and look at the evidence in their own time so when they came together as a panel they had already an idea about my award and what i was entitled to.

Even if the tribunal still wants to ask you questions you’ve got all the information in front of you as well as the evidence to show it so you’re not put on the spot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226731 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal Success - no questions asked
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Many congratulations on the appeal win, congratulations.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a ring to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.