× Members

Social media

More
5 years 5 months ago #228496 by Linda I
Social media was created by Linda I
Has anyone come into contact on their assessment / medical review with social media.
I know through my husbands work that they use a committee to overlook the likes of Facebook and Twitter to “spy” on their workers.
Any suggestions from anyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #228541 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Social media
Linda

It's a standard question at the assessment, if you are asking whether they try and see what the claimant is posting then I would be surprised if they have the time to do this, plus, if your security settings are defined properly then they should not be able to see anything anyway.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #228543 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Social media
I had a friend who was asked about their postings on Facebook - just in terms of things like her profile said she liked to read and walk her dog.

More
5 years 5 months ago #229116 by Cat in a hat
Replied by Cat in a hat on topic Social media
I was asked by the doctor who conducted my ESA medical if I use social media. I said 'not really no' as I use it too infrequently to count as 'use'. She specifically asked about facebook - then followed up with 'social media'. Not sure the reason for that question really, as I can't imagine they have so much time on their hands that they can spend it ploughing through people's soc.med. accounts

Think like a proton, always positive.

More
5 years 5 months ago #229130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Social media
Cat in a hat

It's born of a fundamentally mistaken understanding of the Mixing with Other People activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.