× Members

I want to know the points ( ESA )

More
5 years 2 months ago #228599 by Beragon
I want to know the points ( ESA ) was created by Beragon
Hello Advisors,

Last month I attended my second work capability assessment for ESA.

I had won my first by appeal and cannot thank you enough for all your advise, but the process took over a year and was really upsetting. I also took my PIP claim to appeal at this time and won that too, again thank you so much.

My second assessment was done by the same woman who did the first and she virtually told me that I would be awarded points under mobility and bowel problems.

When my letter arrived telling me I was in the support group I phoned them and asked for a copy of the ESA85 ( medical report form ) which arrived a few days ago. This report does not have the points scored, so there is no way of knowing how I scored points and why.? Were the points awarded in just one section or two or more and added together.

I know I should be happy with winning this and not having to go thru a Man Recon and then probable appeal, but I know I could be dragged thru this all again in two years, so still want to know the scores.

Last time ( when I had failed ) they sent me a ESA65 form with the appeal documents, which included the score. Do they complete a ESA65 if you have passed? Is this what I need to ask for? The woman on the phone at the ESA tried to dismiss my request, but I feel this information must be present somewhere.

Please advise

Beragon
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228622 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I want to know the points ( ESA )
Beragon

The ESA85 will show the Descriptors that you met but not the actual points, for each of the ESA activities the assessor should have selected the Descriptor that they are recommending that you meet. As an example; the code for Moving around is W and the Descriptor that matches the SG one is (a) so they would record Wa in the ESA85.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228674 by Beragon
Replied by Beragon on topic I want to know the points ( ESA )
Hello Gordon,

Thanks for the advice, but I can see nothing on the form like you describe. I am still no clearer as to in which descriptors I scored the points. My previous ESA85 from two years ago was 25 pages long, this new one is only 8 pages hmmm.

Anyway I have been digging around the internet and found an example of a ESA 56, which seems to be an internal document, completed by the healthcare professional which includes the scores.

Shall I call them and ask for a copy of this form and do they have to give it to me?

Again I know I have been fortunate to pass the test for the support group but also know I may be dragged thru it again and therefore want to know the scores and under which descriptors I was awarded points

Beragon

More
5 years 2 months ago #228803 by AHW7
Replied by AHW7 on topic I want to know the points ( ESA )
Beragon, when I phoned up to ask about my recent reassessment, they sent me both the ESA85 and the ESA56, even though I didn't explicitly ask for them by name, so I don't think they're barred from sending them out. (That said, I was reclassified from Support to WRAG, so my circumstances are slightly different to yours - it may be they only send them out where they think you might want an MR)

More
5 years 2 months ago #228848 by Beragon
Replied by Beragon on topic I want to know the points ( ESA )
Thankyou scatty mare ( love the name )

I will contact them and ask for a ESA 56. I have downloaded a blank copy from the internet and this seems to be the form I need

Beragon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.