× Members

need MR for PIP- they ignored assessors report.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228988 by Emily87
just been told pip have made a decision.

It's not good news.

the decision maker has totally ignored the assessors report-

which scored me enough points to be awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility.

despite this, they have REMOVED the enhanced daily living I was on, and now DOWNGRADED me to STANDARD.

how do I write an MR? I've never had to do one before. I've never been in the position of a decision maker ignoring an assessor's report.

Will I lose my severe disability premium with ESA resulting now in LOWER ESA payments?

Many thanks, I just can't believe that this has happened.

Emily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #229008 by Gordon
Emily

You will need to wait for the Decision Letter to understand why the DM has not awarded the same points as the assessor.

Have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide in the PIP area, there is also a Submissions document that has template letters that you can use.

Your SD Premium should not be affected as long as you have an award of the Daily Living component, but if you receive the Enhanced Disability Premium then you may lose this unless you are also in the ESA Support Group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #229022 by Emily87
Thanks Gordon, I just received the decision letter today so I will look tomorrow at it as I can't mentally cope with it today.

although they reduced my enhanced living down to standard, they awarded me enhanced mobility when I wasn't receiving any mobility before.

since I sent in my pip renewal form signed for on the 26th of January, should the enhanced mobility also be backdated? I had my assessment on the 5th of March.

when I phoned this morning they said there wouldn't be any backdating. is this correct?

many thanks,
Emily.

More
5 years 2 months ago #229026 by Gordon

Emily wrote: since I sent in my pip renewal form signed for on the 26th of January, should the enhanced mobility also be backdated? I had my assessment on the 5th of March.

when I phoned this morning they said there wouldn't be any backdating. is this correct?

many thanks,
Emily.

I'm afraid it is, you did not report a Change of Circumstances so the Decision will apply from the date it is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #229038 by Emily87
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your help. those guides are very well detailed and no doubt brilliant, but they are massive and finding it very baffling. is there not a simple guide on how to do an MR in there? I can't find it

Kind regards,
Steph

More
5 years 2 months ago #229047 by Gordon
Emily

It's not complicated :)

There's a template letter in the Submissions document, just copy it and amend it for your circumstances.

You need to explain why you disagree with their Decision. This will consist of your doing two things;

- Explaining why you meet the Descriptors to score and
- why the assessor's opinions are incorrect

Whilst an inaccurate report is almost certain to have played a part you also need to consider whether you have properly explained your problems in your claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors, described your problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors or failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria or the need for your limitations on the majority of days to be considered?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.