× Members

Face to face after award renew form submitted

More
5 years 2 months ago #228998 by Rabbit65
Hello
In late 2016 I applied for PIP as my DLA was ending. I was on low-level care for DLA.

Well I had my 'brown-envelope moment' in December 2016.
My DLA was to end in December 2016, and I had not scored sufficient points to qualify for either component of PIP (5 points for care, 0 for mobility).

This was pretty catastrophic as my reduced income would likely lead to loss of my flat, where I had lived for 14 years. Fortunately my sister's helped me out financially and would continue to do so until my tribunal- the least said about my M.R. the better.

By the time the tribunal was scheduled I was a complete wreck. My PIP claim was based principally around my extreme mood volatility. This was along with generalised anxiety disorder, long-standing depressive disorder, cluster headaches and idiopathic myoclonus (a movement disorder, where sporadic muscle jerks are predominant)

At tribunal I was awarded 15 points for care and 10 for mobility, duration 3 years. A huge turn-around that seemed scarcely believable at the time. It was such a bloody relief.

Fast forward again to December of 2018 and another heart-sink moment. It was the 'award review’ form. I got in touch with a Welfare Rights Officer and we filled in the form indicating, for the most part, that nothing had changed since the tribunal decision. The Welfare Rights Officer said she thought it "unlikely" that I would be called in for a face to face assessment.

Well, as the saying goes: 'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you'. A text message duly appeared indicating I "may" be required to attend a f-t-f. I phoned the DWP for some clarification and I was told the may had become a 'would'.

I was absolutely shattered by this. I just fell apart and spent days in bed not eating or washing.

The way I view it is this: Point B is a denial of the whole award. This is a fait accompli. Therefore the 'assessment' is Point A, and it's sole function, it’s only purpose, is to justify Point B.

Anybody who is still with me could you please answer one question; that is what the hell do I do now?

Thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #229018 by Gordon
David

Is there any reason that you cannot attend the assessment?

Whilst the assessor may be aware of the Tribunal Decision they will not have any of the paper from that appeal, so your saying on the Review form that there has been no change since the Tribunal will not allow them to write their report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #229059 by Rabbit65
Replied by Rabbit65 on topic Face to face after award renew form submitted
Hello Gordon,
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I will be able to drag my sorry ass to attend the F2F.

The thing is this, with my completed Award Review I enclosed a copy of my tribunal decision form. DWP would have had full access to it before making their decision.

It would seem, therefore, that they are willing to set aside a tribunal decision of less than two years, as well as high quality evidence from my GP obtained in January of this year.

My mood is at such a poor ebb currently that my younger sister has taken time off work and has, essentially, moved in with me. This is to ensure I accomplish the basics; feeding, bathing etc. She is writing a synopsis of what is happening and will be submitting it as new evidence.

I'm under no illusions though. DWP sees me as 'low-hanging fruit' ; someone who has only ever had a substantial reward for just over two years.

This is hardball.

More
5 years 2 months ago #229159 by Rabbit65
BUMP!

More
5 years 2 months ago #229170 by Gordon
David

Forgive me but I was not aware that you had asked a question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #229178 by Rabbit65
Hi Gordon,
You're right I guess I didn't post a question directly.

First, even if the DWP knuckleheads had the tribunal result would they have referenced it, or the GP letter I provided?

The second question I have ( I'm aware it's probably been answered
ad infinitum ) but am I allowed to record my upcoming F2F?

Thanks
David

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.