× Members

PIP Appeal win.

More
5 years 2 months ago #229149 by DebbieM
PIP Appeal win. was created by DebbieM
I had a F2F with ATOS in July 2018 (9 months before my Award ended)
My PIP was stopped in September - They gave me 0 0 0 0 Points
Incidentally I had hand surgery 3 days after the letter - to a hand they said was perfectly fine.
I asked for a MR and then supplied up to date Surgeons info etc
I was again turned down with 0 0 0 0 pointsin November
I got depressed about it and left it more than a month from the letter so probably could not appeal
I went to the CAB for advise and chatted to a Benefits Expert and she filled out an appeal asked me a few questions about function dressing etc. my reasons for the late appeal and sent it off.
I received confirmation from the Tribunals service (end of January) and that my appeal was late..So DWP (ATOS) had a month to contest it - they didn't obviously...
Then I had a phone call a week ago now (April), saying that my case had been reviewed and if it was acceptable they would award my points back to save me attending tribunal - no brainer.
I got my back monies that were owed today and my new award takes me past my retirement date...over 5 years
So a 9 week turnaround for the Tribunal.
My Question is, why? Why did they put me through this??? Quite Sadistic isn't it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #229160 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal win.
Debbie

Many congratulations on getting the Decision revised, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DebbieM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.