× Members

Any advice on the best way to inform DWP about new

More
5 years 5 months ago #229154 by Emma Thomas
Has anyone got any advice on the best way to inform DWP that I have been diagnosed with additional conditions I suffered a stroke on new years eve 2018 and I have had a cancer diagnosis this week. My original ESA claim dates way back to 2015 but I have had nothing but problems and infrequent payments since. I claim ESA because iI have mental health issues but I am getting the assessment phase benefit.
I want to know how to get medical evidence for the conditions I suffer from now because I have been to many hospital appointments at 2 hospitals but the I have nothing on paper to confirm these disabilities and I wouldn't think that the consultants in these areas spent much time on this sort of thing!!!!!
This is so stressful at the moment it is bad enough that I have to face up to other fact I have got serious health issues without feeling like I am on trial when I speak to DWP.
Help x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #229166 by Gordon
E

In a previous post, you said that you were in the WRAG do these new problems mean that you reasonably believe that you would now meet one or of the Support Group Descriptors?

If you do then write to the DWP office dealing with your claim explaining the new diagnosis's and asking to be reassessed. Be aware that reporting a Change will result in a new ESA50 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the new Decision that will result will replace your existing award, whatever it is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.