× Members

PIP result

More
4 years 11 months ago #229361 by Nikki
PIP result was created by Nikki
So April 15th was the deadline for PIP to reply to my points pending the tribunal, the day came and went - nothing. The next day I got an email from the courts and tribunal service saying they were going to chase them, I made sure the court had been changed to my local one and not the one they'd given me which was miles away. Last week I was checking my account balance and there it was!!! A massive deposit from the DWP!!! I worked out that not only had they reinstated my enhanced mobility but they'd also awarded me enhanced care!!! My letter finally arrived yesterday and I've got enhanced rate on both for the next 2 years.
I couldn't have done it without this site, thank you, thank you and thank you again. Having failed the MR I put my case for the tribunal by going through the guide step by step and following the advice from Gordon - crucially, I hadn't focused on how my disabilities affect me, I had relied on diagnoses and medical fact when what they were actually looking for was what happened when I tried to walk or carry out an activity on the descriptors. That's why I love this site, it's for disabled people by disabled people, it's not a how to beat the system, it's how to be honest in the correct way. I can't thank you enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229385 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP result
Nikki

That's really terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.