× Members

Esa support group and 5hr course

More
4 years 11 months ago #233462 by emmarose35
Replied by emmarose35 on topic Esa support group and 5hr course
Thank you
Id like to ask a further question ...
If I was to declare disability at the college and tick the form so that I am exempt from paying the fees is there a risk that the information could get passed on to DWP ?
This may be an area that cannot be answered here and if that is the case I understand ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233463 by emmarose35
Also Gordon if I declare change of circumstances to DWP re ESA would they then notify PIP ? I know the assessments are separate but do these 2 bodies information share ?

More
4 years 11 months ago #233478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa support group and 5hr course

Emma jones wrote: Thank you
Id like to ask a further question ...
If I was to declare disability at the college and tick the form so that I am exempt from paying the fees is there a risk that the information could get passed on to DWP ?
This may be an area that cannot be answered here and if that is the case I understand ...

I can't see why they would inform the DWP unless the exemption is dependant on your having a qualifying benefit and they have to check with the DWP that you are receiving the benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233479 by Gordon

Emma jones wrote: Also Gordon if I declare change of circumstances to DWP re ESA would they then notify PIP ? I know the assessments are separate but do these 2 bodies information share ?

Whilst is possible that a Change would only be relevant to one benefit, you could significantly disadvantage yourself if you only report a Change to the ESA department and the PIP people find out about it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233728 by emmarose35
my thinking at this point is to declare to DWP re ESA and PIP that I will be doing a 5 hr course and see what happens from there. its highly likely I will be re assessed and potentially put into the work related group. I am certainly not fit for full time work but want to do something towards my future and a 5 hr course seems a manageable first step. Of course I am not going to be able to live off the money and so would need to do some part time work to supplement my benefits. Can you please explain what work I can do within the work related group. I have read documents on it but im still not clear. Do the government allow to work up to 16hrs ? do they reduce the benefit if work is undertaken? What would be my best option working 2 days a week and college 1 day ? would the college count as work hours ? Would the GP write a sick note and say for me only to do part time hours ???
its all so unclear and I don't know how to look at my situation

More
4 years 11 months ago #233743 by Gordon
E

You can work for up to but not 16 hours as Permitted Work and earn less than £131.50 a week without it affecting your ESA. There is a guide to PW in the ESA section.

The hours that you do at college are not counted as PW.

How you split your time is up to you.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.