× Members

Ongoing PIP award with NO review!

More
4 years 11 months ago #231221 by BeeJay
Ongoing PIP award with NO review! was created by BeeJay
My PIP award was due for renewal in June 2020 so was expecting the renewal forms shortly (one year early). The brown envelope arrived this morning and I was expecting to be told the review forms would be arriving soon. Couldn't believe what I was reading, had to keep reading over and over. The DWP say that they have looked at my PIP award again and decided that I am entitled to enhanced care and enhanced mobility for an ONGOING period. No forms to fill in, no stress of a face to face assessment. I turned 65 years of age earlier this year so maybe the promise of not making pensioners go through assessents has finally started. I can't quite believe it, I had been so stressed thinking about it. After a dreadful year health wise at least now I don't have the worry of a review hopefully for a long time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE, unBat412Fd, ivyfox, Rosemary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231226 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Ongoing PIP award with NO review!
Hi BeeJay

That's wonderful news for you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231409 by lizzie23
Replied by lizzie23 on topic Ongoing PIP award with NO review!
Hello BeeJay,fabulous news so pleased for you. I hope you do not mind my asking but were you previously on enhanced rates for both? I am concerned that they are only offering light touch awards to those on both enhanced rates. Many thanks Lizzie 23

More
4 years 10 months ago #231457 by BeeJay
Replied by BeeJay on topic Ongoing PIP award with NO review!
Hi Lizzie 23, yes I was previously on enhanced rate for both but only for last 3 years. I thought with having an end date to my previous award that I would have to have another review. Fingers crossed for you Lizzie

More
4 years 10 months ago #231487 by lizzie23
Replied by lizzie23 on topic Ongoing PIP award with NO review!
Thank you for replying and your good wishes. I am genuinely pleased for you.

More
4 years 4 months ago #242289 by puttytat
Replied by puttytat on topic Ongoing PIP award with NO review!
My autistic son [aged 29] has just been awarded an ongoing [DLA to PIP] enhanced award, so it's not just the over 65s

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.