× Members

Result just in after 5 weeks

More
4 years 10 months ago #231619 by philgb
Result just in after 5 weeks was created by philgb
I was awarded DLA for life! a number of years ago, following a heart attack and complications at age 62 I was advised not to rock the boat and advise the DWP of my worsening conditions and change to pip, stay on DLA as long as you can. At age 65 I received a letter advising my DLA was ending and if I wanted to, I should apply for PIP. I duly phoned and started the PIP application process. The forms arrived and after examination I decided I needed expert help in compiling/responding to the questions. I found the benefits and work web site excellent in advising on how to present accurately my case to the DWP. After joining and studying the guides, I completed said documents, attaching appropriate medical evidence and as a backstop approached age concern, who reviewed Everything. My medical assessment was arranged and advised for a home visit, the assessor was courteous, professional, thorough, friendly, open as to the process. 5 weeks of anxious waiting I received a PIP award.
Without this sites guidelines plus age concern who also use the excellent guides from here, I am in no doubt my DLA TO PIP would of been horrendous. It’s all about presentation of evidence. Thanks Benefit and Work for your excellent guides and advise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flappy the bat, magdelena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231621 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Result just in after 5 weeks
Thank you philgb for your kind words, we are very pleased that you found the forum and guides very useful, I know that my colleagues work hard to keep everything up to date.

Congratulations on your success and perseverance.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231629 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Result just in after 5 weeks
philgb

Congratulations on the award, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.