× Members

Thank you

More
4 years 9 months ago #233342 by SandR
Thank you was created by SandR
Hi Gordon

After over 3 years of constant worry, waiting for the invitation to apply for PIP to drop through the letterbox, I finally attended my DLA to PIP assessment in May 2019. The female nurse who carried out the assessment was lovely. After the assessment I requested a copy of the HP's report. The assessor had recommended 11 points for care and 12 for moving around. The assessor wrote that she expects my condition to worsen and recommended a review in 3 years. I received the decision makers letter this week and I was awarded standard care and higher mobility for 4 years from July 2019 until June 2023. It states on the letter that I will be called for review after May 2022. I will be 66 in October 2022 and eligible for my state pension.
I am so thankful for my award and could not have done it without the information from B&W and Gordon on the forum. Thank you
SandR
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233343 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Thank you
SandR

Very pleased for you, well done on the award.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #233344 by SandR
Replied by SandR on topic Thank you
I forgot to ask.
As my award ends after my retirement age of 66, will I be called for a review? or will I be called for a review because the letter states that I will be called for review after May 2022 even though I am 66 in October 2022.
SandR

More
4 years 9 months ago #233345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Thank you
SandR

Your award will be reassessed sometime on or after May 2022, we are still waiting to hear how the Government will handle existing PIP claims renewing after the claimant has reached State Retirement Age.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SandR

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.